Monday, September 8, 2008

From her: Monday night

I can't sleep so I might as well write a post, accompanied by a glass of port. Maybe contributing will relieve a bit of stress and maybe the port will make me sleepy.

I have to wonder why we're doing this in the first place. Do we have too much time on our hands? (I can tell you I don't!) Is it to entertain each other? Is it a way to tell each other what we want to say without having to say it out loud or face to face? Perhaps it's a way to see the comedy in our life, or just how much we drink. As you can tell, it wasn't my idea. And I'm fairly certain its birth was out of procrastination of something more important Husband needed to do.

So here we are. I certainly don't want to be the Debbie-downer and not go along with the fun. But in reality, I am. I find this new form of interacting to be very stressful. So much expectation associated with it; and subsequent guilt when I don't keep up, or am not as witty. In some ways it feels like a competition of cleverness and writing skills. But that is a statement reflecting my mood, because when I'm skipping through life (yes, it happens occasionally), I love being clever and recording my thoughts.

Tonight, however, all I really want to do is eat the homemade chocolate chip cookies currently sitting on the kitchen table. All of them, all at once. With another glass of port.

No comments: